Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28: Traveling




We are surrounded by all types of boats docked at the South Jersey Marina, including a sailboat that was towed in from the Delaware Bay in the middle of the night, a wide variety of commercial fishing boats, and magnificent cruisers. We will be here for a few days and Tom is checking off his list of boating maintenance and riding his bike. We are looking forward to Julie Anna and Ben joining us for the weekend.
Tonight Tom is visiting the Cape May Kiwanis Club along with 90 of his best friends and getting lots of new ideas for service projects and creative fund raisers. I am in Armonk, New York nestled in the peaceful woodland at IBM’s Learning center discussing strategy. It was fascinating to fly over the Hudson River and get the view of its expanse (which is huge) on the flight into White Plains. Tom and I will be cruising this way in a week or two.
I will be back to the blog this weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you are enjoying every aspect of your adventure.

I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to comment, but I am enjoying myself vicariously through you. I am learning so much about places that I haven't experienced up close and personal.

Have a great weekend.

Beth Snyder said...

Tom & Boyd,

If you get this twice, it's because I typed it once and then it disappeared when I had to create an account. So i don't know if it will show up once or twice.

Anyway, I've been catching up on your last few weeks of traveling and really enjoying it. I think it must be great to see history this way, at a slower pace and from a different point of view than if you were in a car. And I envy you for all the seafood that you are getting!
Thanks for the pictures and for keeping us up-to-date!

Beth & David