Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 25, 2008: Benjamin Islands, North Channel, Ontario


Today was a very unusual day because we are in the same place tonight that we were this morning – a whole day of not being underway. Many people have told us that this is the most beautiful spot in the North Channel, so we decided we were taking a break. After my morning calls, we took the dinghy to shore and found a narrow inlet between two big boulders to be our mooring spot. There we enjoyed a short hike or climb up the boulders trying to reach the top of a stone peak just off our stern.

There was no path this time, and when it got to be lunch time, I decided I had enough hiking. I felt a little like a mountain goat. It has been interesting to watch the big sailboats come and go from the anchorage and see dinghies scooting around.

This afternoon, in the warm sunshine, we swam across the clear cool water and reached the smooth stone shelf that stretched down into the water. The rock was very warm and a great place to hang out. So it has been a very lazy day of just drinking in the beauty of God’s earth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy your journey in and around the North Channel. It truly is "God's Country". I saw your boat in Kagawong and the name looked familiar. It wasn't until I was back home yesterday and reading your blog that I realized why it was familiar. Too bad, I would have enjoyed meeting you.
Safe travels and God's speed.

Anonymous said...

Mama! YOU ARE GETTING TO BE A TURTLE ON A ROCK!!

:)

JA

Boyd said...

Tootalbilly, thanks for the comment on our Blog. Are you from Katawong? Just wondering, if we haven't met, how you found the blog? We are really enjoying our trip across Canada.

Unknown said...

Hi. We have a cottage in Kagawong. On the bay just 1 mile west of the marina. I think I found your blog through the loopers web site.